[vdr] Timeshifting, remote vdr and co.

I know one DVB-S card can't do timeshifting.

But do you really need to have two (or more ) cards in the same PC.

What about :

- one global server sharing common video files AND shared timer.conf and
channels.conf files

- each card number will be unique to the whole network to identify which
card can record which channel (as VDR is working on one system today).

- any dvbbox on the network would be able to schedule/register timers or
view any file (including currently recording ones, it will be
timeshifting)

Do you think VDR could be easily patched (or completed) to have these
new features ?

The two first things I need to test are :

- blocking on VDR on the living room dvbbox so it will only display
recordings, submit new timers but won't try to do any recordings
- how well will VDR allow to replay currently recording files across
network (timeshifting).

For sure, they will be some new code to handle locking on shared files
(channels, timers).

Anybody interested ?

Patrick.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index