[vdr] Time-shift with 3 cards (one used for encrypted channels)

Hi folks,

first: Thanx Klaus for the great job you did. I really enjoy
my new toy. I started with one DVB-S 2.1/CI/SE4.7 and recently
threw my d-box I away, halleluja ;-)

So, I will now be able to do time-shifting and I am planning to
use the following configuration ...

- 1st DVB-S		  (connected to TV)
- 2nd DVB-Nova
- 3rd DVB-S CI/SE4.7

... to make the following at the same time possible ...

a)	1st watch  TV/video/time-shift 2nd/3rd card
	 OR record free-to-air (depending on PrimaryLimit)
	2nd record free-to-air
	3rd record PW
	 OR record nothing (!!!)*
	*Because a scheduled PW-record should be done***

b)	1st watch  TV/video/time-shift 2nd/3rd card
	 OR record free-to-air (depending on PrimaryLimit)
	2nd record free-to-air
	3rd record free-to-air (!!!)**
	**Because no scheduled PW-record***

Is it possible to setup channels.conf to make the above written
scenario possible? Especially concerning the 3rd card ***?
If yes, what exactly has to be done?

Because of *** I'm not sure if and how it works. Especially as I
found this from Klaus (8/2001) on my search through manuals and
list I am afraid it won't:

> If the 'Ca' parameter of the channel to be recorded is set to
> '0', VDR will select a free card that is NOT the primary card
> to record. If all non-primary cards are currently recording, or
> if the Ca parameter is set to the number of the primary card,
> it will use the primary card.

Any hints are welcome.
Bye and thanx
Norbert

(PS:
I know, that in any case, only one PW-Channel could be recorded
or watched at a given time, whereby watching would need 1st AND
3rd card)

Norbert Schmidt                   Phone: +49-2841-507127
Saarbruecker Strasse 3m           Email: nschmidt-nrw@t-online.de
D-47443 Moers, Germany            URL:   none