[vdr] Re: Pausing a live stream

Am 15.10.2001 22:29:32, schrieb Matthias Weingart <matthias@pentax.boerde.de>:

>> I was just wondering if there where any patchs for VDR that allow it to
>> pause live tv.
>
>This is called "snapshot" or "grab image" and already partly inside vdr -
>but not at a key - only via the telnet interface of vdr.

I believe he didn't think about just freezing the picture, but also being able to continue
replay at the stopped scene. Something I'd call 'instant' or 'continous' timeshifting and
which is available at some of the commercial HD-Receivers. Those receivers are always
recording a part of the watched stream and allow things like pause/replay and 'skip back
10 seconds' with the 'live' stream. Could be useful if you first want to watch the first 5 mins
of an event to decide of it's worth recording. If there always exists a recording of say the
last half hour it should be possible to generate a real recording of it that can later be cut
to the correct size...

Greetings,  Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index