[vdr] Re: Pausing a live stream

ian.wilson@adexact.com(Ian Wilson)  15.10.01 16:47

Once upon a time Ian Wilson shaped the electrons to say...

>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 03:33:31PM -0400, Ian Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I was just wondering if there where any patchs for VDR that
>> allow it to
>>> pause live tv.
>>
>> This is called "snapshot" or "grab image" and already partly
>> inside vdr -

>"grab image" only takes a snapshot.
>I would like to be able to pause the show I am watching for say 2 minutes.
>Then come back and resume watching my show.  But when I resume,
>the feed would be coming from a file
>that was used as a buffer during the 2 minutes it was paused.

That is called "time shift"
AFAIK: Currently there is no "one key" usage

AFAIK:
You have to open the menu,
and press "red" for "record"
acknowledge the timer
close the menu. (Important! Else the record will start up to 2 minutes
later...)

Now VDR records

If you come back from business
press menu
press recordings
search the name of the record
selte ist
view it.

It a little bit complicate and currently requires
2 DVB cards.

A single button, blind to use, "record now" would be nice.

Or, more efficient:
ae "pause" key, active during "live" that do this big seqeunces above.
(But: maybe thare are already shuts cuts?)

>So it would continue to read from the buffer until the user gave it
>the chance to catch up to the original transport stream

<dream>
by increasing replay speed :-)
</dream>

>or VDR is closed.