[vdr] Re: SV: Re: Timeshift HOWTO?

> Why would this be nescessary ?
> If you use a display device that can accept VGA input (Plasma display or
> Video projector f.x.) the software MPEG-2 player would take over playbac=
> completely and let VDR do the recording. When you want to view live TV, =
it
> could be done via xawtv.

> The only problem is the amount of work involved in using such a system a=
nd
> the lack of good software players for linux.

I dont undersatand all this discussion about a "alternative" output-Device=
 for Timeshifting.

I now use VDR sinde over 1 Year - and 1 Thing i can say: I don=B4t use Tim=
eshifting so often !

A other function of VDR i use very often: 1 or 2 Records a the same time -=
 and for that you=20
have to use a secod, third card.

Beleve me - the timeshifting is nice - but there are other thinks in VDR w=
ich are much nicer:

 - FAST OSD
 - full User Configurable
 - stability

But the best think (so i think): I can put up to 4 DVB-S CARD=B4s  to upgr=
ade VDR - you can=B4t do this
with any other Reciever at the Market !
You are able to play DVD and even Record DVD (if you have a DVD-Burner)

Sure - this is realy not a cheap thing - but it=B4s the best investion in =
Hi-FI equipment since i watch TV...

So long....

Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index