[vdr] Record Teletex PID in VDR ?

Hi,

1) To record Telext :

you can put teletext PID in AC3 PID placeholder.
I have tested this and it worked without any problem.
As Klaus as put a test to exclude non ac3 stream during replay it should
not be sent to the wrong device by mistake.

2) to replay Telext

Unfortunately, because of this test, if you want to replay teletext you
should patch VDR source
to include teletext stream sent back to the driver.

In dvbapi.c function "StripAudioPacket" is checking what should be sent
or skip.
Stream type for Teletext is 0xBD (private stream 1) but it isn't Dolby
AC3 stream.

The point is if you to support both streams (i.e. AC3 and Teletext) you
need to test stream content to find if it is AC2 stream or Telext
stream.

To make it simple and for testing purpose you can just comment
"PlayExternalDolby" call and make sure teletext is not sent when Except
is 0.

Something like

            switch (c) {
              case 0xBD: // dolby
                   if (Except) break;
              case 0xC0 ... 0xC1: // audio

WARNING, i didn't test this as my goal was to extract subtitles stored
in teletext from vdr files.
And Remember you break AC3 support with this small stupid patch. It is
only for test purpose.

Maybe there is something else to check and patch ; i did my tests on VDR
0.8x and it may be different in VDR 0.98.

Klaus or someone else can comment and give you more details.

Have fun testing.

Patrick Gueneau