[vdr] Re: checking for data in live mode

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Henning Holtschneider wrote:

HH> > quite probably slow down zapping a lot. It would be a lot better to solve
HH> the
HH> > initial problem. What version of the driver are you using? I am using the
HH> one
HH> > from 2001-11-17 and don't have that problem.
HH>
HH> I'm using the same version (with your I-frame patch applied). I've got a
HH> Rev. 2.1 card. It's probably also worth mentioning that there is a Matrox
HH> G400 dual-head VGA card in the PC which I use together with MPlayer's MGA
HH> driver. Since I have started using it, loading the DVB driver takes almost
HH> two minutes. I think this has got something to do with the i2c stuff which
HH> the MGA driver and the DVB driver use equally but I've been too lazy to have
HH> a closer look at that problem ;-) Is there anyone out there using a Rev. 2.1
HH> card *without* a Matrox VGA card who has got the same black screen problem?

I also have the same problem. After an EPG scan the screen stays black, no
audio - just the EPG info. (not always but in most cases)

I am using 2001-11-17 + 0.99pre1 now, but it also happened with
2001-09-21 + 0.98.

I have no Mtrox card but am using lm_sensors to monitor cpu/system
temperature and fan speed. and I am using the i2c package (IIRC
v2.6.0) provided there, not the one shipped with the kernel. (btw. now
using 2.4.9)

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de