[vdr] More small wishes for VDR ;-)

high

1. here is a _very_ minor thing: if you press the "back" button while
   replaying a recording and press it once more, the main menu is
   displayed with "1. EPG" item selected
   (if you go "menu" -> "4. Recordings" -> "Back", the 4th item is
   selected)

2. I was just wandering if there is a way to watch the cutting places
   before actually cuttng a recording.
   i.e. place cutting marks
        adjust them with 4/6,
        press some button and watch what you would get after cutting out
        this part. (similar to the button 8, but it just starts few
        seconds before the next start tag) What I mean, is start a few
        seconds before the next end tag and directly jump from the end tag
        to the next start tag.
   (I dont even know if such things are possible at all)

3. Since I have no power button on my rc but am able to tell my box what
   to do if the power button of the case is pressed, I was just wandering
   if it would be possible to tell VDR "from outside vdr" to shutdown the
   machine now. (same as pressing the rc power button if I had one).

   Now, while writing thise lines, I looked into svdrp.c if there is
   alredy such a command meanwhile. Is HITK "Power" or something like that
   the way to go?

4. Would it be possible to implement a way to tell VDR to strt the EPG
   scan "now".
   And is it possible to display a message like
     "EPG scan in porocess... Channel No. XX"
   during the whole EPG scan?
    - it maybe would help to determine on which channel the recent `black
      screen' problem appears.
    - somtimes I turn on the tv and epg scan is in progress, I see
      something interesting on tv, but it goes away in few seconds, now I
      press a key and don't know which channel it was...

just a few ideas...

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de