[vdr] Re: time-shifting

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, 'Jochen Kirstätter' wrote:
JK> Matthias Weingart wrote:
JK>
JK> > I think you need a PC with harddisc and video card to solve your problem.
JK> > Transfer the live data stream into the PC, store it there and output it
JK> > after 30 seconds at the video output. I think it's possible to do it
JK> > continously, but I do not know a software that has such a feature.
JK> > But with a little knowledge in programming you can do it yourself :-)
JK> >
JK>
JK>
JK> Maybe just some automagical scripting to realize this...

maybe something like

record-to-stdout-program | delay-program | display-from-stdin-program

the first one would just push the live stream to stdout,
the second one would begin with a `sleep 30' and then just pipe all the
    stdin to stdout
the last one woult properly display the stream.

JK> PC with TV-Card (bttv) for input and GFX with TVout for output.
JK> Grapping the DV cam with bttvgrab/ffmpeg to file/buffer/ramdisk/etc and
JK> starting in a second instance i.e. mplayer (streaming-enabled) or ffmpeg
JK> or videolan or whatever on the recorded stuff after the needed delay -
JK> in Max' case 30 seconds.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de