[vdr] Re: AC3-playback didn't work

Hello,

i have the same problems with the Nightingale Pro using the newest ALSA9
drivers. It wasn't even possible to get digital out. My problem was that
the buffer was filled up and then nothing was transmitted via digital
out. This could be reproduced with the command:

aplay -v -D spdif Track11.wav

After six transferred buffers it stops and wait until killed.

The same behavior i got with ac3dec.

I think there is a bug in the ALSA9 drivers. Currently I am trying the
oss kernel driver (5.something). Digital out works with this driver. AC3
didn't work due to a lack of ac3dec suitable to oss but it should with
the right program.

Dieter Bloms schrieb:

> Hi Jens,
>
> I guess you use the self compiled alsa drivers and libs.
> Please be sure to compile ac3dec, after you have updated the libs and
> use this frsj compiled ac3dec.
>
> PS.: If you do a default install of ac3dec, it will be found
> in /usr/local/bin.
>
> On Sun, Dec 16, Jens Dorstewitz wrote:
>
> > The output in the file works. When I try to replay it with ac3dec without
> > a parameter than it have some CRC failures but it comes to the end.
> >
> > htpc:/ # /usr/bin/ac3dec /tmp/ac3file
> > 5.1 Mode 48.0 KHz 448 kbps Complete Main Audio Service
> > ** CRC failed - skipping frame **
> > ** CRC failed - skipping frame **
> >
> > But with -C or -P the process runs in a neverending loop.
> > An abort with Ctrl+C doesn't work. Following error message
> > is displayed:
> >
> > htpc:/ # /usr/bin/ac3dec /tmp/ac3file -C
> > AC3 Stream 48.0 KHz 448 kbps
> > Aborted...
> > ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:278:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed:
> > Input/output error
> > ac3dec: pcm.c:210: snd_pcm_hw_free: Assertion `snd_pcm_state(pcm) ==
> > SND_PCM_STATE_SETUP || snd_pcm_
> > state(pcm) == SND_PCM_STATE_PREPARED' failed.
> > Aborted...
> > ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:278:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed:
> > Input/output error
> > ac3dec: pcm.c:210: snd_pcm_hw_free: Assertion `snd_pcm_state(pcm) ==
> > SND_PCM_STATE_SETUP || snd_pcm_
> > state(pcm) == SND_PCM_STATE_PREPARED' failed.
> > Aborted
>
> --
> [snip]

Best regards
HP
--
Hans-Peter Raschke           Tel.:   +49 441 9304064
Wintermann DatenService      Fax:    +49 441 9304069

Home | Main Index | Thread Index