[vdr] Re: Hotbird channels.conf

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alessio Sangalli" <alesan@manoweb.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 1:17 PM
Subject: [vdr] Hotbird channels.conf

> Hi, is there a channels.conf avaible out there for Hotbird?
>
> I've heard about programs that scan frequencies and generate a kind of
list,
> but it would be so easy to include such a list in the package - at the
> beginning it's not so easy to understand all the things needed to properly
> use vdr!!!
>
> Thank you
> Alessio Sangalli

You can use the dtv_scan program, available in the DTV package from Rolf
Hakenes, at http://hesdvb.sourceforge.net/DTV-1.2.1.tar.gz

If you have a problem with dtv_scan, I can send you a channels.conf file for
HotBird, but you'll have to sort the channels depending on your preferences.

I can't see a huge interest to include a list in the VDR package, because
the list will be very different if you are italian,french, polish, german
... For example, the current channels.conf file contains only german
channels _ and I don't speak german !

If you need a channels.conf file for testing purposes, you can make one with
a few channels, using the parameters from www.lyngsat.com .

Jean-Claude

Home | Main Index | Thread Index