[vdr] idea for jump function improvements

Hello,

Two ideas for the jump function in replay mode:

- The  lines that show how many numbers the user has to press should be
  replaced  by  a zero when a recording is too short for such a jump.
  Assume a recording with  playing  time 45 Minutes. Then it sould look
  like "00:--" when I press the jump button.

  More exactly:

  if ((actualPos >= 600 Min) or (recordinglength - actualPos >= 600 Min))
  then display "--:--"

  else

  if ((actualPos >= 60 Min) or (recordinglength - actualPos >= 60 Min))
  then display "0-:--"

- In addition to the relative time jump you could implement an absolute.
  In order not make it too complex for the user: Pressing the jump
  button once for relative jump function, pressing it again for absolute
  jump function (I think the relative is the more relevant).

Bye, Uwe.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index