[vdr] Re: idea for jump function improvements

On 20 Dec 2001, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

>> - The  lines that show how many numbers the user has to press should be
>>   replaced  by  a zero when a recording is too short for such a jump.
>>   Assume a recording with  playing  time 45 Minutes. Then it sould look
>>   like "00:--" when I press the jump button.
> Yes, this is good. It's on the TODO now.

Perhaps it's even better to shift numbers left upon number entry:

start with "00:00"  (or "--:--")
enter "1": "00:01"  (or "--:-1")
enter "2": "00:12"  (or "--:12")
enter "3": "01:23"  (or "-1:23")
and so on.

This way you don't have to bother whether VDR decided to let you enter two
or five digits this time which could get annoying I think.

Regards

Home | Main Index | Thread Index