[vdr] Re: AW: Re: ARM crashed while cutting, VDR watchdog timer failed.

Gunter Niedermeier wrote:

> Hi,
> Hi Klaus,
>
> you can easily produce an ARM crash by doing the following
>
> 1. Make a recording with a length about 2,5-3GB. (e.g. Pro7 Akte X)
> 2. Edit the recording to mark out the "Werbeblocks"
> 3. Cut out the marked blocks
> 4. When cutting has finished, replay the new file and jump between
>    the marks with the 7 and 9 keys, jump with the yellow and green
>    keys ( only for testing ) and you will see that ARM crashes.
>    There is no way to get the vdr running correctly again, until
>    you restart the complete DBV drivers and then the vdr.
>
> I'm using a P3/450 with SuSE Kernel 2.4.10-4GB and reiserfs.
>
> Bye
>
> Guenter Niedermeier

I tried that and jumped around with the '7', '9', 'Green' and 'Yellow'
keys like crazy, but there was no ARM crash at all.
I used a recording of yesterday's "Wochenshow" from Sat.1.
Maybe the problem depends on the channel that has been recorded?
Could you try to reproduce this with a recording from Sat.1?

I'm using an AMD K6/II 450 with SuSE Kernel 2.4.10-4GB and ext3.

Klaus