[vdr] Re: Necessity of Emergency Exits...

> Is it *really* necessary to shutdown the *whole* vdr just because the video
> stream of *one* recording is broken for a second or two ?
> Wouldn't it be *much* better to "record" just a black picture or whatever
> until the signal is back ?
Of course you are right if it comes to lack of signal because of external
influence (e.g. weather) - then Sit_and_Wait should be the best way to deal
with this !
However, afaik the emergency exit was created because (more or less *) often
the DVB driver gets stuck and delivers no video signal ! The only thing that
helps is reloading the driver - that's why vdr exits, undloads drivers, loads
drivers and restarts itself !
So, how should VDR distinguish between both cases ?

Best would be, if on one hand the drivers never get stuck and on the other
hand the drivers could be loaded seperately for each card at runtime of VDR !
But i do not know if any of these is technically possible !

Martin

* depends on Revision of DVBs card ! My 2.1 crashes quite often - never had
this with my old 1.3 !

Home | Main Index | Thread Index