[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

At 16:09 01/02/2003, you wrote:
On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:04:26PM +0000, Simeon Walker wrote:

>  ? Some channels share the same 'frequency'. For example, BBC 3 and
> 4 become the childrens channels during the day. Is it possible to
> enter them both into the channels.conf?

I thought they just had different PIDs, but broadcast at different times
- I didn't realise they shared the same PIDs....
Yes they do. I just have them in there once - why bother :)

> is a 4:3 picture inside the active part of a letter-boxed area
> which is itself inside the standard 4:3 frame. Does anyone else
> see this?

Yes, I get this too :)
Get a widescreen TV :p -- I don't think a lot can be done against that unless the TV can deal with converting 16:9 programmes (and most are on DTT in the UK) to 4:3 .

While I have your attention here on the list -- can both of you actually tune to BBC2 and BBC News 24 with vdr 1.1.22 (or anything newer than 1.1.13 with newstruct)? It keeps b0rking up here and I have to change the channel time and again until it eventually works. Are you both using dxr3s rather than dvb-s for output?