[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

In article <5.2.0.9.2.20030201161356.01641578@localhost>,
   Gregor Lawatscheck <gpel@mpex.net> wrote:
> At 16:09 01/02/2003, you wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:04:26PM +0000, Simeon Walker wrote:
> > >
> > >  ? Some channels share the same 'frequency'. For example, BBC 3 and
> > > 4 become the childrens channels during the day. Is it possible to
> > > enter them both into the channels.conf?
> >
> >I thought they just had different PIDs, but broadcast at different times
> >- I didn't realise they shared the same PIDs....

> Yes they do. I just have them in there once - why bother :)

Isn't BBC3 due to separate from BBCChoice around Feb 9th? Not sure about
BBC4.

> While I have your attention here on the list -- can both of you actually
> tune to BBC2 and BBC News 24 with vdr 1.1.22

I'm now using 1.1.22 and driver from last w/e

> (or anything newer than 1.1.13 with newstruct)? It keeps b0rking up here
> and I have to change the channel time and again until it eventually
> works.

I have trouble getting a lock on BBC2, News24 and BBC3 as you described
earlier (no video, short burst of audio). Problems with other channels
disappeared after upgrading from 1.1.17 to 1.1.22

> Are you both using dxr3s rather than dvb-s for output?

DVB-s here

Andy

--
A. Top posters.