[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: graphlcd-0.0.1

Markus Schorer wrote:

how could we adapt screen layout to multiple screen sizes (without
hardcoding everything)?
i've had a look at the web-site: how (if at all) are vdr menues handled?

At the moment, the display is flexible in a small range: The logo requires a fixed space of 64x48 pixels. The Date/Time bar and the channel bar are variable in their horzontal size. That means, it shouldn't matter if You have 240 or 256 Pixels horizontally.
But, at the moment there will be problems with much smaller LCDs. I think I will implement the possibility to enable/disable each of the 4 areas (Date/Time, Channel, Logo, Channel Info) in the setup.

II didn't want to implement any VDR menu handling at all, because I think, the LCD should not be a replacement for the nice OSD :-) I only want to see the current channel info permanently...

Carsten