[vdr] vdr and budget/dxr3 system

Hello,

I am running vdr with a budget card and a dxr3.

One thing seems strange to me:  If I try to tune to a non existant
channel, or if there are a lot of errors in the signal (in my case due
to the constant tropical downpour that has been going on here for the
last few days) vdr runs for a while and then exits with an emergency
exit.

I get:
Feb 20 18:09:01 vdr vdr[1490]: ERROR: video data stream broken on device
1
Feb 20 18:09:01 vdr vdr[1490]: initiating emergency exit

Stranger still, the latest vdr prints out on the tty "pure virtual
function called"

Why restart just because the signal is bad?  Or is this a driver
problem.  I am using inuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre1.