[vdr] Re: splitted vdr system

1) Has anyone built such a system before and is willing to share his/her
knowlegde?
I have a server with multiple clients, but I have the same problem with
programming as you. I solve this by using vdradmin and epg2timers.
This is not an option for me. My parents will use such a VDR client and anything beyond simple OSD action is too complicated in this case.

[ sharing timers.conf ]
It does not help to share it because it is only rescanned at start of
vdr.
I looked at the source and noticed this also. Maybe it is possible to add the rescan function in some central VDR function.

@Klaus: Do you have an idea where to place such a rescan function?

[ use SVDRP to submit timers ]
That is the way to go. Ideal would be to have a plugin interface for the
standard menus like schedule, timers and recording. Then this
functionality can be easily replaced by a plugin which uses svdrp to
communicate with one or multiple servers.
Is it possible for a plugin to "override" a main menu from VDR? I think I will take a look the Plugin API.

BTW, as far as I know it is not possible to use VDR with only two budget
cards. You have to have at least one full featured card or a DRX3 card
in a machine.
The server machine will only be used to do the recording which sould be possible without a full featured card.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de