[vdr] Re: splitted vdr system

What about a perlscript that runs from cron frequently.

The script would connect to the first vdr and list the timers.  It would
then connect to the second vdr and do the same.  It could then sync the
timers together.

You would need a way to stop the first vdr from actually doing any
recording - can this be done with the primary priority?

This way there is no need to patch vdr.

To improve the situation simple patches to vdr could be added to
1) disable recordings on the view only vdr
2) call the script everytime times are changed on the first box
eliminating the need to use cron.

I have not looked at the code to see if any of this is possible but it
may just work.