[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:20:00 +0200, Andreas Mair
<Andreas.Mair@linogate.com> wrote:

> > I have found out that it isn't necessary to reload the DVB driver to fix
> > the problem. It just is necessary to stop and start the recording again,
> > maybe a few times. So the better solution seems to be to recognize this
> > situation in the recording thread and stopping and starting it again.
>
> Really? How often do you usally have to restart a recording?
> I've tried it once several times (5 - 10 times, don't remember exactly)
> without any success!

For me at least it worked on two occasions by starting it once and 3-4
times. But maybe it depends on the channel being retuned and further
factors. I also sometimes have real emergency exits with a restart.

> BTW, I don't like the idea that have to be some "stupid" workarounds for
> that problem. It would better if we could track down the problem so that it
> can be fixed at its roots. Maybe someone having that sc-stuff mentioned
> here to also fix the problem can have a look at its source to see what it's
> doing...

That certainly would be the best. It looks to me that the data is
corrupted during the transfer from the card. I have never seen such a
problem on the primary card in live view.

Could you try to set the value of hw_sections to 1 in av7110.c?

This has changed with the new driver. I had a different problem before
and had to set it to 0 in the old driver. I changed it now back to 1 and
will see if further corruptions happen.

Emil