[vdr] howto "share" timers.conf ?

Hi,

how can I share config files with several independant VDR processes running on
differnt computers.
I have 2 computers, each equipped with one ff DVB-s card. Now what I want to
do is : have one DVBs card (running in my server) do all the recording so
that my other DVBs card (in my living room) is not occupied so that I can
still watch all channels during recording.
Primary prority limit of "recording" VDR is set to 0 whereas "watching" VDR is
set to 80. So all timer entries with the default priority of 50 should be
automatically recorded by the DVBs in the server.

The timers.conf (and channels.conf) of the server's VDR are symlinked to the
ones of my living room VDR.
However, when I set up a timer in the living room, the server does not
recognize this entry and thus does not record it.

So how can I make the server's VDR automatically make recognize any "external"
changes to timers.conf ?