[vdr] Re: LIRC teach 1.2.2

Am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 11:40 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> > Same problem with "Mute": That's (i know) is the same as "Vol-"
>
> What sense does it make to have "Mute" and "Vol-" on the _same_ key?
>
> Klaus

He is using the Aldi Remote Control MD 4688 with Code 773 on DVD (as many of
us I guess) With this remote in this setup the Mute Key sends the same signal
as Vol- and all the keys like play , ffw etc are sending all the same signal
(different to Vol-).
What he is saying with his own words, is that he searches a way to programm
the remote control (a programable 8in1) to use all keys with vdr. As I have
understood its not a problem of vdr but of LIRC/MD4688 combo.

@Rainer: What you want is to find a setup for your remote where all keys are
sending a different code. As I have understood you need to configure
different devices for that. The remote has a feature called "Push-through".
That means to me that you have to configure TV and VCR and maybe a third to
get all buttons working. This is not a problem of vdr but of your setup. vdr
does not ignore the keys you mentioned, they send in your setup all the same
code. Try to start irw to see what keys are send by which button.

@all: If someone has found a setup to use all keys I would be interested too.

HTH

Steffen