[vdr] Re: LIRC teach 1.2.2

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  09.08.03 23:04

> >> But it asked me to press a key when i want to "continue"
> >> inside the teachin menu.
>
> >Can you please post the _complete_ OSD contents at that point?
>
> ------------------------------------
> Learning Remote control keys (LIRC)
> Phase 2: Learing specific keys
>
> Press "Up" to confirm    (confirm what?)
> Press "Down" to continue (continue with what or where?)
> ------------------------------------
>
> Before that i had 3 keys
> I did not press "down" i tried to find a key for "pause"
> or "stop".

I went through this sequence (for the KBD codes, but there's
no difference to LIRC here):

 Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

 Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

 Press key for 'Up'
 ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Up"
 Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

 Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

 Press key for 'Down'

 (press 'Up' to go back)
 ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Down"
 Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

 Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

 Press key for 'Menu'

 (press 'Up' to go back)
 (press 'Down' to end key definition)
 ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Down" again
 Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

 Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

 Press 'Up' to confirm
 Press 'Down' to continue

Now this is apparently the screen you are seeing.
However, if you didn't press "Down", I have no idea
_why_ you are seeing it. The "confirm" and "continue"
refers to the "press 'Down' to end key definition"
from the previous screen. You could change the line

           case kDown: WriteText(1, 5, tr("Press 'Up' to confirm"));

in VDR/interface.c to something like

           case kDown: WriteText(1, 5, tr("Press 'Up' to confirm ending key definition"));

if this makes things easier for you.

> But instead i end in that "dialog".
> Pressing "Down" bring me back to the learing menu
> with the asked key "back".
>
> When i use "Menu" to skip pause etc. i'm asked
> for "Channel+"
> But that seems to be the same code as "Up" so
> i ran into a problem...

If on your remote control the "Up" key is also labeled "Channel+",
then you can't use that key for both funtions. VDR uses the "Up"
key for switching channels in normal viewing mode, while the "Channel+"
key is a "dedicated key" that can be used even while inside a menu.
So these have to be different key codes (otherwise just skip the
"Channel+" key definition and zap with the "Up"/"Down" keys.

> When i "skip" it i may not be able to zapp(No..).

Yes, you can (with "Up"/"Down").

> Same problem with "Mute": That's (i know) is the same as "Vol-"

What sense does it make to have "Mute" and "Vol-" on the _same_ key?

Klaus