[vdr] Re: Playing timer-started recordings while recording

Hallo,

>> Well it happens here on "plain vanilla" 1.2.1. Same with earlier
>versions.
>> First time the recordings menu always is scanned (4 to 8 secs to be
>> displayed), later it displayes within 1 or 2 secs. With a timer-started
>> recording sometimes only a very few entries are displayed. With time
>shift
>> everything is ok, the recordings show correctly in the menu. Anyone
>else has
>> the same problem? (Itīs not a big prob for me, I can live with it, just
>> wonder why it happens...)
>>
>> Harry
>
>This shouldn't happen at all.
>However, I can't see where there could be a problem in VDR.
>Since you're using "plain vanilla" 1.2.1, the only thing I
>could still imagine is a problem with the file system.

As allways :) I am sure Klaus is right.

@Harry : I bet you are using a FAT filesystem for your recordings, right ?

If yes then thats the problem.
You will have to go for a Linux filesystem XFS, ReiserFS or Ext3 for
instance.

I think someone mentioned a patch for the kernel which could fix that but
it is a "long time" (6-12 months) ago I read that.

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen