[vdr] Re: Patches, patches, patches

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:21:35PM +0200, Sebastian Kemper wrote:

> I think that one more option can make maintaining VDR twice as hard and
> therefor I respect your choices whatever they may be. I also think that
> autopid and ac3 are very common patches. I mean a lot of people apply
> them. Considering this it might be worth a try to include them and raise
> the standards in Video Disk Recording :)

I use the bistreamout plugin for AC3, so if you speak about the patch
from bistreamout I would be happy if you want to include this one ;-)

But, if you really spoke about AC3overDVB, I don't use it, and the test
I did weren't successfull together with bistreamout, and I am quiete
sure lots of people, just want the opposite...

Off course, maybe the AC3overDVB and bistreamout could perfectly works
together (I did some test with latest bistreamout from VDRportal, has
now we can use it for liveviewing,replay AND DVD!!!) and other plugins,
so my "problem" could come from another source?
(I know some use both).

But, I would be really happy to see the autopid (and the start of the
rev 1.3.x of VDR) ;-)

	Grégoire