[vdr] Re: Wish-list for future vdr themes

Javier Marcet wrote:

> * Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> [030825 19:32]:
>
> >> Klaus, is there any other way to remove the menu entry for the plugin
> >> and still make it work when called from a keymacro instead of the
> >> default action? I.e., it seems that with a NULL string returned from
> >> cPluginNAME.MainMenuEntry, no entry is displayed, but vdr acts as if it
> >> didn't know the name of the plugin either, in the sense that a
> >> "Blue @pilot" does not do what it should but calls Schedule.
>
> >When I implemented this stuff I was under the impression that a plugin
> >that offers a function would advertise that in the main menu ;-)
>
> I can understand your reasoning...
>
> >I'll have a look into this, but that can take a while. Other things
> >are more important now...
>
> Sure it is not a high priority issue.
>
> Anyway, when you happen to look at it, given the advent of so many
> plugins, and since there's only direct access to the first 10 items in
> the menu (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 & 0 keys on the remote control), this could
> be merged in the future theme-able VDR's code, so that among all the
> things you might have in mind to make configurable via themes, one of
> them could be the order and appearance (or lack of) of menu items.

One thing (nothwithstanding themes) will be that the user will be able
to put all plugins into a hierarchical tree by simply adding a "path"
to the -P option. That way, plugins can be grouped into things like
"Games", "Tools" or whatever. This will, I hope, make handling lots
of plugins much easier.

Klaus