[vdr] Re: Problems with exit-states (VDR-1.2.2)

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> character and VDR fails to record! I've already implemented a special
> loop into the init-script starting VDR without ANY plugins in case it
> can't recover to fail-safe for recordings!
>
> In my opinion the way to go is to store the settings into config-files
> and make it possible to overwrite them by command-line. This would also
> allow to provide default-config files for plugins. No linux-beginner
> really can set up VDR.

Plugins are free to use the configuration interface provided by vdr.
It's the fault of the plugin if it doesn't use sane defaults or
misuses commandline parameters for stuff that should better be set
via menu or at compile time.

Anyway, have a look at the init script and sysconfig file used in
the rpm I announced recently. I think it's fairly easy to get vdr
started using these. The init script does not have any automatic
restart mechanisms though. Your code could might be useful here :-)

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_  Ludwig.Nussel@gmx.de