[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.61

> - without -a the mastermixer gets Vol = 0 on startup of kvdr.
> - On startup without any option :

Really 0 or what is stored in kvdrrc ???

> "kvdr and v4l-conf disagree about the framebuffer geometry
> overlay will not be shown"

Is v4l-conf installed and works as user for you?

If you can - would you please check which part of the safety-code produces
that output?

I do check several parameters which indicate that v4l might not be set up
correctly - aka framebufferadresse, bytes_per_line etc. - normally v4l-conf
should give the same values as me, although there seem some
X-Servers/graphics-cars where this goes wrong, usually giving the color-depth
by hand solves that problem

kvdr -b 24 #is the most common in that cases...

> , using xv (-x) solves this problem. Will kvdr switch back to overlay in
> case xv is not available ?

No, as it does'nt actually "solve" the problem, just avoids it. But i'am sure
it's nothing difficult to get it working - especially if xawtv is working for
you?