[vdr] Re: analogtv 0.9.22 and vdr 1.2.6 - cannot start transfermode

> Just for the records, I finally succeeded to upgrade to v4l2. I had to:
> - Upgrade my kernel to 2.4.22 to be able to get the kernel patches from
> bytsex.org
> - Install latest bttv drivers/modules
> - Follow the instructions from
> http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/documentation/Building_mpeg4ip_with_V4L2_support.html
> to finally realize that linux was not loading the bttv driver I just built
> for v4l2, but the bttv driver included in 2.4.22 kernel!
>
> Now, it is detected by the analogtv plugin as a v4l2 device. Let's try to
> make the all thing work.

Ok, I'm responding to myself, but this could help some future users ;)
The plugin is now working. The sound goes out of the DVB card with a
rather good lipsync (I had some troubles to understand the cabling
between the output of the analog TV card that has to be in the Line IN
of PC's soundcard). Now, I have some troubles with the settings.
I'm using Andreas's predefined settings on my Athlon 1800Mhz but the
video gets choppy after some seconds and it is barely viewable even if
CPU usage is around 20%.
I still have to work on it to make my wife happy ;)
I know I have to provide traces. I will do that in the next day or so.

Olivier.