[vdr] Re: Siemens dvb-c and HTV

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Jonas Munsin wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:17:21PM +0200, Marko Myllymaa wrote:
>> Is the signal i nmy wall outlet that poor that Siemens dvb-c can't have
>> good reception on QAM128 channels? QAM64 channels are fine, even with the
>> longer cable.
>
>I think I read somehwere that Fujitsu/Siemens cards have poor QAM128
>reception. I also see more mosaic/skipping disturbances than I'd like to
>here in Turku with QAM128, in the order of 1-2 /hour.
>
>Btw, I have the same problem this thread originally described; the DVB
>driver (CVS) works pretty good; the dvb-kernel driver (CVS, from a few
>days ago) is unusable.

Are the drivers still developed separately and only merged into the kernel
every now and then? I mean, are the drivers in the kernel by definition
always lagging after the CVS drivers and will never contain all the fixes
nor features? That would also mean that patches to the kernel drivers
don't necessarily end up in the CVS version, or is there some BitKeeper
magic that takes care of that too?

--
   Crowley was in Hell's bad books. Not that Hell has any other kind.
                           -- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens