[vdr] Re: Streamdev Q's and A's

Thank you for reply Sascha!

> > When I change it to just do that instead, the client can browse freely,
> > changing channels, using up-down to change transponders as well as
> > channel numbers directly.
>
> You have a two card system, right?

Actually, no :-) One budget DVB-T receiver at the moment. I will add more
cards once I get the rest working though.

> Imagine the following: One card, the client currently watches Pro7. Now the
> client wants to switch one up (let's say that's RTL). What happens? The
> client asks the server if it can send RTL, but is still receiving Pro7. Of
> course, the server will say it can not send RTL right now, because it is
> still sending Pro7 :-). That's why *g*.

Hmm but doesn't PROV include a priority, so it could ask if it can change the
transponder. I.e. if a Priority "0" client is watching, and a Priority "-1"
client asks, the server will say no. If the "0" asks, then it depends on
wether VDR checks prio > or >=, but you could do a PROV with Priority+1 to
get around that. Then VDR would say "yes currently the transponder is used
for a priority 0 client so any priority 0 or up can change the transponder".
In theory :-)

Btw it does work that way for me if I put in a cDevice::GetDevice call, I can
change transponders with up/down key.

> > When a channel viewing is interrupted, is it possible to automatically
> > tune to an available channel instead of freezing the frame? If left for a
> > while it sometimes makes the DVB card unstable.
>
> I'll have a look into this issue.

It is not only streamdev, the normal 1.2.6 does that for me too with both
cards in one system. Maybe if it gets fixed in "plain" VDR it will
automagically also work with streamdev.

> Maybe you've got the AUTOPID-Problem (it's an #ifdef in client/device.c
> currently set to #if 0. Set it to #if 1 to have EPG on the client). This
> will be corrected for 1.2 (without and hopefully even with AUTOPID) and 1.3
> in the next release.

Sorry, I am running 1.2.6 (should have mentioned that earlier :-) with only
the EPG preferred language patch. No autopids. I don't see any errors on the
logs, just lots of EPG data being sent, but the client never shows anything.

Also Sascha I have to say great work on the streamdev plugin and thanks !!

Cheers,
Dennis