[vdr] Re: OT: RGB Component from J2

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

Hi Tomas,
Hi Reinhard :) and thanks for your detailed answer!

I upgraded to a beamer with various input possibilities. Using a compsite signal with 130" display isn't that fun. From what I understand the best way would be to use the component input.

Aside from composite vs 130" your next problem will be 15,6kHz
AND the low DVB resolution on a 130" wall ;o)) Seriously, your
gonna see scan lines big and fat. Best bet would be to feed your
CRT with a line doubler or tripler. I can still see scan lines on my 8" Marquee Ultra from a quadrupled source ;o))
I don't think that the screen actually is 130". My idea was just to get something better then composite into the beamer. I guess the connectors are ther for some purpose. I don't know what route to take, but since the DVB cards have some options i thought of trying them out.

Is it a false assumption just to use pin3 for blue, pin 5 for green and pin 7 for red? All grounded of course.

You'll also need the "composite" pin for sync. This is composite
sync, so make sure your CRT can handle this. Otherwise you'll
need a bit of circuitry (LM1881,a NAND gate and a AND gate)
to get H & V sync out of the DVB

And lastely YUV (component) is *NOT* RGB. YUV is a brightness
signal (Y) and a color difference mix (U & V). The DVB doesn't
ouptut YUV, but rather RGBs. The "s" being composite sync.
My false assumtion was that the colour coded cinch connetors actually ment red green and blue. However by reading your and Robertos answers I think that's more likely an YUV setup instead.

The beamer supports RGB as well, should I try to take that path?

/t