[vdr] Re: OT: RGB Component from J2

Hi Mika,

> The problem is that 3 digital inputs in my amplifier which are still free
> are all optical and I do not know is it possible to convert the electrical
> sound signal from the usax connector to optical format.

Okay, no problem. As I wrote: ;o))

> >(and to avoid ground loops) you could use an TOTX and
> >an optical input on the amp. Review the archives as I have
> >posted a How-To artical on this.

Nice amp BTW. I just got the 3805 to replace my 3802 ;o))

> For avoiding the sound forwarding I have considered buying following
> connector
>
>     http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/product_info.php?products_id=105
>
> which would contains both video and sp/dif output from the J2.

If you are in any way handy with a soldering iron, save yourself
the 20 Euro +s/h. The usa-x product also won't protect your J2
and it's AFAIKS coax only, too.

> What is this byteway this TTL sp/dif, does it differ somehow from the
> common SP/DIF format?

Well mostly in the Vp-p. TTL is 5V and HiFi is 0.5 Vp-p. If
you use a ToTX your all set to connect the DVB optically
to your amp (yes, the Denon recognizes the DD over DVB
signal, correctly too).

Greets,
Reinhard

---