[vdr] Re: Live TV freeze when recording starts normal?

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

> The output device is a THIRD card. It's a full featured DVB-S card
> who's only job is to output to my TV.

Ah, now I see. So you are _always_ watching live tv in Transfer Mode.
I'll need to set my system up to do the same and see what happens...

> Unfortunately there are no full
> featured DVB-T cards that work in Australia.
>
> On 05/05/2004, at 4:37 PM, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry, I forgot to mention the important fact that I have two DVB-T
> >> cards.
> >
> > Is your primary device a full featured DVB card, or ar you using
> > some sort of software player?
>
> >> It would allow customizability that could significantly simplify usage
> >> for non-technical people. The concept of the coloured buttons is too
> >> hard for some people and needing to memorize what they do and when is
> >> too much.
> >
> > Why would anybody need to "memorize" what the color buttons do???
> > It's always written at the bottom of the OSD page!
>
> During live TV it doesn't

The color buttons have no real meaning during live tv.
If you use keymacros.conf to give them some meaning, then
I would assume that you are able to memorize that meaning ;-)

> and also it seems that parents are not
> capable of reading text on screen.

Well, pardon my ignorance (and I also don't mean to offend you or
your parents), but how is a menu system supposed to work if the user
is unable to read what's written on the screen?

> They'd find it far easier to have
> buttons that always act in a predictable manner without needing to
> reference on-screen instructions.

What about assigning the UserX buttons to the desired functions?
You can teach VDR up to 9 user defined buttons when learning the
remote control keys, and use keymacros.conf to assign them to
what you want.

Klaus