[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] VirtualSTB

Torgeir Veimo wrote:
On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 16:16 +0200, Philip Lawatsch wrote:

Lauri Tischler wrote:

2 keyboards, 2 monitors, one mouse, IR and bluetooth (assuming you mean a vdr box since you're talking about configuration via ssh) ...
Now you know at least one :)

I wouldnt call that an STB-box, 'development-pc' would be more like it.
No, its my vdr and file server. Its definitely not a development box.

What hardware are you using? I'm setting up such a box, but am having
major hardware issues with my via kt600delta mainboard for athlons.
My minimal VDR-box has
- microATX BioStar M6VLR with Via C3 800 Mhz proc, no fan
- Realtek network on MB
- DVB-cards, Nexus-S and Nexus-T
- Irman serial-interface to Ruwido Amadeus 9752 IR
- / disk 30gb, /video 160gb Samsung, both set by hdparm to low noise
- no monitor, no mouse, no keyboard
- operating system Debian sarge, minimal config, no X

In addition to vdr, this runs cached bind, dhcp and ntp for my homenet.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index