[vdr] Re: Choice of Filesystem for VDR

Matthias Schniedermeyer schrieb:

I do hope that this is not too off topic to discuss here, but I'd really like to know what experiences you have with the various filesystems and vdr.

For my VDR-boxes i have used ext2 for (nearly) 4 years now.

With "normal" uptimes of > 0,5year i can live with a fsck about every 6
month. (And "temporary" recording hdds have only 80GB. And because it is
normaly(tm) empty even when it has to do a fsck, it doesn't take very
long)
Uuhh. That is not very economic. Assuming a power consumption of 150W your normal uptime of a 0,5 year costs about 85 € per anno. :-)))

[...]
Or don't use a journaling filesystem. When you computer crashed while
recording, the recording(s) (is/are) garbage with or without a
journaling filesystem.
That's wrong.

Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index