[vdr] Re: problems playing DVDs

Sven Goethel wrote:
> please try the current versions
> vdr 1.3.19
> vdr-dvd 0.3.6_b02, or cvs we do not support older versions in
> respect to our limited human resources :)
> afaik .. such stuttering and high cpu utilization
> is allready fixed ..

Hi, Sven. I have installed vdr 1.3.19 and dvd-plugin from cvs. Now
playing a DVD works fine, except that only mp2 audio tracks work, DD
don't. (I have no AC3 decoder, but I thought the plugin does some kind
of conversion of AC3 sound and sends it through the DVB audio output?)

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:57:53 -0800, "C.Y.M" <syphir@syphir.sytes.net> wrote:
> Is the mp2 sound fixed for vdr-dvd in cvs with vdr-1.3.19?  I still
> get no audio when I play a DVD that has no AC3/DD on it.

I get exactly the opposite: mp2 sound works, AC3 doesn't.

Cheers,

-- Manuel Panea

Home | Main Index | Thread Index