[vdr] Re: success-> Re: problems playing DVDs

On 05 Feb 2005 01:27:00 +0100, Manuel Panea-Doblado <mpd@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi, Sven. I have installed vdr 1.3.19 and dvd-plugin from cvs. Now
> playing a DVD works fine, except that only mp2 audio tracks work, DD
> don't. (I have no AC3 decoder, but I thought the plugin does some kind
> of conversion of AC3 sound and sends it through the DVB audio output?)

With vdr 1.3.20 and the last cvs version of the dvd plugin, everything
works perfect. The problems I had for getting the AC3 sound were due
to a VDR setting ("Use AC3 output  yes/no", or something similar)
being set to "yes" - either that's the default, wrong in my case
because I have no AC3 decoder, or I changed it during my tests and
then forgot about it.

Thanks to all vdr and plugin coders.

Cheers,

-- Manuel Panea