[vdr] Re: choosing a FF card

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:51:44 +0000, Ian Molton wrote
> 1) How is audio handled

On my Nesus-S rev 2.1 there is SPDIF, and stereo output.

> 2) How much control over video output is there? my biggest problem
> with my current setup is that the TV overscan is unadjustable and
> far too large. 3) Is the TV output properly interlaced? what about
> when playing a DVD which is progressive-scan (most movies) ?

The best thing to do is getting an 'older' card ( rev 1.3 or 1.5 I think
they're named ), and use the RGB output capabilitys. Maybe feed the signal to
an iScan or similar to adjust over/underscan.

> basically, I want really really good TV output from both DVB and DVD,
>  possibly divx (how does that work on these cards?) too.

With the mplayer plugin you can watch DivX etc. ( Needs CPU for DivX->MPEG )

/Mel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index