Re: Thoughts on VDR evolution - and gVideo

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 05:03:36PM +0200, Marcus O.C. Metzler wrote:
> Schuett Thomas writes:
>  > After all this big ideas I have a pretty simple one:
>  >
>  > I would like to have gVideo splitted into
>  > - one app to bring a TV screen on the computer monitor
>  >   (without blocking /dev/video instream).
>  > - one app to show available channels and to switch the channel
>  >
> This should be possible with the resource manager I am working on.
> I'd have to finish it first, though. After that I could work on it.
>
> Marcus

Hi Marcus,

can you give us a brief description on how this resource manager
is going to work? Just a few hints to get the idea. Currently
a program that wants to read from /dev/video simply opens a file
on it and reads from it. What will have to be done different
when there is a resource manager?

Greetings
Klaus