AW: Thoughts on VDR evolution - and gVideo

I would also agree to split gVideo in 2 separate apps, because, with an
external
tuning-interface  i would be able to switch to channels by cron, and on the
other
hand, when I devide to watch other sources than DBVs frontend, I don´t nedd
the channel switching part of gVideo.
Consolidating the different conf-files of VDR and gVideo is generally a good
idea,
and additionally, we could use the gVideo front-end interface to configure
channels
also for VDR.

I´ve read this discussion in the last time, and have another solution in
mind:
What about building a perl-interface for all this stuff. So every parts can
easy be resused in further projects, and nearly everyone would be able to
integrate his own functions in such a framework.

harry
----
Harald Lipphaus
mailto:Harald.Lipphaus@epost.de
HL EDV-Service                                            Phone: +49 172
2726667
Am Schumacher 20                                            Fax: +49 2302
972198
58456 Witten (Germany)
----