[linux-dvb] Re: Using NOVA-t in the UK

Yes, using a patch provided by Marko, I have managed to get a complete lock
(0x7f in register 0x32) on all the DVB-T multiplexes broadcast in my area (6
of them).  The card correctly refuses to tune to other frequencies, so I know
that the card is doing something right.

I also have a "real" UK DVB-T receiver, and this receives all the channels
without problems, so I know my aerial installation is OK.

I am also monitoring the value of the CSI_AVERAGE register (0x33) on the
L64781, and this gives a value in the range of about 0x35 to 0x3c after
locking onto a channel (0xff when it isn't locked).  I know that the lower
the value in this register, the better, but I don't know if 0x35 is good
enough.

My question now is to the driver developers - should the driver be delivering
a transport stream?  By writing extra log information, I can see that the
driver is setting and starting the filters, but the contents of the grabbing
buffer remain at 0.

For those that are interested, I have started a web page detailing the
technical information I have collected recently.  It's at:

http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/

Regards,

Dave Chapman.