[linux-dvb] Re: Using NOVA-t in the UK

ext Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Sorry, if they really use the Bt878 as PCI bridge now our driver does
> not support this. Gerd Knorr wrote some extensions to my old Bt848/878

The Hauppauge NOVA-t uses the SAA7146.

I just got last weekend it tuned to a station in Finland. I also heard
Dave Chapman got it tuned in UK with patches I made.

I am not sure what made it work. Maybe it was the change to make it
write value 0xa5 to register 0x3e (power-down register) rather than the
value 0 that it writes in the version I got from linuxtv.org CVS.

I still have plenty of problems with it. Where I am, there are three
channels in use: 32, 44, and 46. I do not get a lock on channels 44 and
46. I suspect the card receives a lot of interference from the PC. When
I connect an analog TV to the same antenna, I see a lot of noise on some
channels when the NOVA-t is connected to the same antenna.