[linux-dvb] Re: Using NOVA-t in the UK

Marko Kohtala writes:
 > ext Ralph Metzler wrote:
 >
 > > Sorry, if they really use the Bt878 as PCI bridge now our driver does
 > > not support this. Gerd Knorr wrote some extensions to my old Bt848/878
 >

 > The Hauppauge NOVA-t uses the SAA7146.

I still wouldn't put it beyond Hauppauge to suddenly use a different
hardware and call it the same (NOVA-t).

Aurelian, are you certain your card has a Bt878? What other chips can
you see on the card?

 > I just got last weekend it tuned to a station in Finland. I also heard
 > Dave Chapman got it tuned in UK with patches I made.
 >
 > I am not sure what made it work. Maybe it was the change to make it
 > write value 0xa5 to register 0x3e (power-down register) rather than the
 > value 0 that it writes in the version I got from linuxtv.org CVS.
 >
 > I still have plenty of problems with it. Where I am, there are three
 > channels in use: 32, 44, and 46. I do not get a lock on channels 44 and
 > 46. I suspect the card receives a lot of interference from the PC. When
 > I connect an analog TV to the same antenna, I see a lot of noise on some
 > channels when the NOVA-t is connected to the same antenna.

Thanks for the information. I'll have another look at the DVB-T stuff
tonight. Right now I am still working on the separation of the
frontend routines into a separate module.
I also still have to figure out on which channels they transmit any
DVB-T here in Cologne.

Ralph