[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: converting PVA

Moin Andreas!
Andreas Most schrieb am Donnerstag, den 18. Oktober 2001:

> > mentioned in the README of the mpegtools does not exist too. So what to
> > do? Could anyone make a little summary or overview about existing Linux
> > tools?
>
> The .pva format is no longer supported in the Linux DVB driver and so all

Errr, but VDR stores the files in PVA format, AFAIK.

> the tools have been removed unfortunately. You can still find them in older
> versions from before July, or so.

Okay, but why they have been explicitly removed? Or did they break
anything?

> A much better tool (for Windows) is PVAStrumento available at
> http://www.offeryn.de/dv.htm for free. It also corrects errors in
> the stream. This program runs under Linux with 'wine'.

a) Performance is bad
b) Does not work with Pipes or Fifos, you have to reserve disk space for
both files. Does not help me if the HD is full and I just want to play
PVA from the local network.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
I am Hamlet of Borg. To assimilate or not to assimlate, that is the
question.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index