[linux-dvb] Complete Transport Stream

Hi

I am currently working on a project where I need to capture the complete
transport stream for testing purposes. My current set-up configuration is:

Red Hat Linux Kernel version 2.4.12
1 Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S card
1 Hauppauge WinTV Nova Card
DVB Driver latest version downloaded from CVS 15/10/2001
I also have the VDR app installed which is an excellent app!

I have read several messages on the mailing lists which state that in order
to obtain the complete transport stream you must use the WinTV Nova Card in
conjunction with the applications that come with the DVB Driver. Having
successfully compiled and installed the DVB Driver and modules, and
associated applications I proceeded to use the ntuxzap and tuxzap apps to
record streams from both cards using the following commands:

Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S card
					ntuxzap -e
					OR
					tuxzap (with the Penguin button pressed)
					cat /dev/ost/dvr > test.ts (Output file)

Hauppauge WinTV Nova card
					ntuxzap -e -d 1
					OR
					tuxzap -d 1 (with the Penguin button pressed)
					cat /dev/ost/dvr1 > test.ts (Output file)

The output of both cards was what seemed to be a transport stream, i.e. it
had a sync byte (0x47) every 188 bytes with optional adaptation field and
payload. However upon further analysis the recordings from either card were
not complete transport streams, as they only contained the audio and video
streams for the selected service. There was no trace of any other services,
or program specific information like program map tables, program allocation
tables, NIT, STD etc...

I can only assume then that the output recorder was a remuxed transport
stream of some kind. Another problem encountered with the recordings was
that the continuity counter value included in a transport packet header was
corrupt in the stream recorded from the WinTV Nova card where as the
recording from the WinTV DVB-S card did not have such a problem.

Is it possible to get the complete transport stream from the WinTV Nova
card?
If so what do I need to modify in order to obtain such a stream?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shane McErlean