[linux-dvb] Re: How do I watch TV ?

it's pretty easy to extend the scan utility wo write any other channel list format, e.g. VDR or tuxzap channel lists. Feel free to do so and send a patch when you're done.
Humm...

What I'm asking it pretty simple. I want to watch TV. I'm not a programmer, and I'm a little new to linux and satellite technologies. What I just need is to have a moving picture on my screen from a command line. ;)

I want to do for example "./szap -n 001 [enter key]", and there, it switches to a channel, and I can see on picture on my TV screen comming from the Satellite card TV output. The "scan" utility doesn't seem to get anything here.

./scan
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'

>>> tune to:
11837000:INVERSION_OFF:27500000:FEC_3_4

switch pos 0, 18V, hiband
index 3
msg: e0 10 38 f3 00 00

>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning failed!!!

It goes like that over and over again until I get :

>>> tune to:
10978000:INVERSION_OFF:2344000:FEC_3_4

switch pos 0, 13V, loband
index 0
msg: e0 10 38 f0 00 00

>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning status == 0x03!!!
>>> tuning failed!!!

initial tuning failed!

There must be something wrong with my setup. The drivers are loaded after I do in DVB/drivers "insmod". Do I have to do other manipulations before I try to scan ?

I've noticed something also :

when I type "ifconfig" I can only see the "eth0" and "lo" interface. Is this normal ?

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development