[linux-dvb] Multicast crash bug

HI All

This issue had been long time around, from newstruct till
the recent DVB source sync's. And since it's still not fixed
I thought maybe people don't know about it and  it would be
good to report it:

During multicast reception everything works or seems
fine for some time,.. few minutes to few hours and then...

Then machine crashes. Screen stays frozen, machine doesn't
respond to network pings, Only two keyboard LEDs are simultaneously
blinking: caps lock and scroll lock... The reset is only choice, but
nothing about the crash is ever written in logs.

The setup is:
Satelco multimedia karte (technotrend budget clone), tuned to
Astra TP111 frequency = 12604 MHz H, symbolrate 22000000
that's free sat@once casablanca multicast transmission, PID 768.

Incoming multicast traffic bandwidth is about 4Mbit.

To decode multicast transmission, I'm running casablanca client on
vmware at the same machine. I'm doing packed bridging from the linux
dvb interface to the vmware's vmnet0:

/usr/local/bin/vmnet-bridge -d /var/run/vmnet-bridge-0.pid /dev/vmnet0 dvb1_0

This works and casablanca correctly receives the webcasting traffic.

Only problem are the crashes. I will try other (slower) technotrend DVB-S
rel 1.3 card in case crashes were just satelco/budget related...

Best regards